Monday, September 14, 2009

The story begins..............................


Late last year my mother died and it made me think about my future. Where will we live? How will we manage? Being a person that has lived life without thought of the future, I had no superannuation and the thought of managing on the pension kinda freaked me out. My inheritance from mum made me think of the options.

We (husband and I) currently live in a beautiful hexangonal home with extensive ornamental gardens, overlooking a river with sensational views, complete with indoor heated pool. We would not be able to afford to live here when retired as the power bill is $3000+ per year due to running the pool. I began to think about using my inheritance from mum to invest in a small house. I spent last December thinking about what I want to do when retired and we came up with 4 criteria:

1. The house had to be small and fairly easily maintained.
2. I HAD to have water views. (after all I am a Pisces)
3. I needed a large expanse of sheltered waters to sail my yacht and catch some fish.
4. I needed a space to grow vegetables.

I scoured the internet and came up with one house at Primrose that kept calling me. I went to investigate and found it perfect for my needs. I purchased it, then began making plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment